Report - Vistara 995 Mumbai Kochi flight

Prologue:
I was filled with alacrity to travel by Vistara for the first time after hearing rave reviews from all the people whom I met. Vistara had introduced an option where if you do corporate booking, you would automatically be eligible for one class upgrade. Vistara is the only flight on domestic sector that provides – Premium Economy. I automatically got upgraded to Business class as there was only 1 passenger who was flying in Business class.

Flight details
Vistara UK 995
Mumbai (BOM) to Kochi (COK)
Flight type – Airbus 320
Departure – 1:10 PM
Arrival – 3:00 AM

Class Flown – Business
Seat – 1 D

Check in
When I reached for check- in, I probably was alone in business class queue and hence it was a quick check -in process. They gave me voucher to avail Travellers lounge near gate 42 but I decided to stick to my favourite GVK lounge and they let me in.

Flight


Boarding started way later than the actual time being notified on boarding pass. This seemed normal when I enquired about it from other passengers flying in Vistara frequently.  When I boarded the flight, I felt very different from what I am used to. I got to see cockpit straight up. The Aviation geek inside me made me feel really giddy.  I love flying.

There were 8 Business class seats on this flight.

Crew
Crew didn’t do give introductions but they were friendly. They made sure that I would be comfortable throughout the flight. They were always smiling and asking all the right questions. I was impressed. They meant business.

Meal


Menu card was new and it had 4 choices. As I am a vegetarian/vegan – I could only opt from 2 choices. Pasta or Amti. I chose Pasta.




Presentation of food was wonderful and the food tasted delicious too. 


I ordered a passion fruit mousse and it tasted as good as it looked.


They provided coconut water along with the food.


















Entertainment
This is probably the only flight which has in-flight entertainment system. They gave me a Samsung Tablet and a pair of Sony headphones which were wonderful. The choices for entertainment were bare minimum but this facility was something better than nothing. I hope they do add more content in next 6 months. Stewardess said they were planning to add 4 movies per month to their collection. For now there were only 2 movies – ‘Kingsman secret service’ and ‘Pyaar ka punchnama part2’.

Sony headphones felt very light and nice on my ears. They were comfortable to wear and could basically cut out most of the external noise, delivering fair sound.



Conclusion:
I really loved the product and would definitely fly again. Though I don’t like pseudo-revenue based tier system on this flight yet I hope they keep introducing offers such as one class upgrade. I will definitely fly via Vistara again. 

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,