Review - Crowne Plaza Kochi

Prologue

I saw a fabulous opportunity to jump-start my IHG reward program. I don’t have any status on IHG but there was an offer for someone who wanted to start out. Later, I realized that I should at least stay for 2 successive nights for getting much bigger rewards.  Problem with IHG is that you have to sign up for the offer and you don’t normally get the offer if you don’t sign up for it.
The offer I signed up was double your points.

https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/global/offers/member/doubleupmiles?promoCode=11485&offerId=DU022&cm_sp=OSMAM-6C-AMER-EN-ROF-AIX-LOY-2DoubleUp16

I had choice of 2 properties - Crowne Plaza or Le Meridian. I have never used either of the brands but I opted for Crowne Plaza as it looked better in pictures.

Reception

Small lobby

Hotel Details

Hotel has a small entrance and lobby doesn’t look that big but it is definitely grand. Hotel’s location is right near backwaters.  I believe that is one of the tourists’ attraction for people who travel to Kerala. Kochi isn’t a city where you have lot to do.

Check in
Emily at counter had a huge smile and was congenial when she signed me up for my room. She upgraded my room to that of Backwater view room. It felt like she wanted to make sure I have a good stay. She offered all the information; I just had to ask with a smile. Anytime I came to reception, she gladly helped.

Room
The room, I checked in, made me feel purely luxurious and opulent.

Grand entrance to the room.

Large King bed

View from the bed

Large TV with mini bar and storage area.

Bathroom View from Room Sofa


View
Room had a fantastic view. You could see backwaters and ocean together from the room and line of separation was lucid.


Day View of Swimming Pool, Back waters and Ocean at the end.


Early Morning view of Backwater and pool.


Washroom

I just loved the spacious washroom they had provided in my room. I definitely have a thing for bath tub present in rooms. As soon as a hotel has a good clean bath tub, it automatically scores brownie points on all the points. I would always give them better score than the ones that don’t.  They have separate cabins for Toilet and Shower.  Thanks to the bath tub for there is great walk-space in washroom.

Large and comfortable sink

Bath Tub

Shower cabin that didn't feature rain shower.


Toiletries

Crowne provides toiletries from Biotique. I am not a fan of it but I know some people swear by it. Hats off to them for branding their product to an extent that makes people perceive it as a natural product. However I repeat  I am not a fan.



Amenities

I was provided with 15 mins of complimentary foot massage which was simple and wonderful. They used balm on my foot and I enjoyed the smell throughout the day.


Buffet

Buffet was on second floor and spread was decent. You had option of seating indoors or stepping out and sit next to nature with view of swimming pool, gymnasium, backwater and greenery of Kerala. You can guess what I opted for.

Non Veg salad

Fruits and Yogurt

Cereal Bar


Yogurt Options


Two types of Cheese - Cheddar and Brie

Muffins and Donuts

Granola and Fruit Danish

Croissant, Chocolate Danish and Donuts

Warm South Indian food.






Breakfast with the view.


The spread was decent with lot of vegetarian/vegan options. I wish they had more bakery products which were gluten-free and egg-less. I definitely enjoyed everything I tried and commended chef for putting out elegant variety of food options. 


Labels: , , , , , , , , ,